<body>


Sunday, January 04, 2009

music: supermassive black hole by muse
mood: satisfied

31 December 2008. The day I simply felt should be put as a holiday, no half day even! The atmosphere was mundane. Smses and calls coming in here and there as I did my work. MSNing with Jia the entire time while working. Hehe. Where to for dinner and so on. Then, dearie called me and asked about my lunch plans. I didn't sensed anything amiss though, as usual, I'm always slow at these things. I answered him obediently that my lunch plans were with my team.

So came 1150, I rang dearie asking him where he was. He told me he's at home but the background sounded weird. It was distorted and noisy. Strange, I thought. Then, he asked me to stop in my tracks while he made his way to where I am. I saw him for afar and got so gleefully excited. He came close to me and surprised me with a huge shopping bag. It's entirely white with a dark brown frame surrounding it and it read Coach at one of the corners.

My eyes were seeing stars and it was clearly that I was over the moon for that matter. It was a great surprise. I told him not to buy them because they're way too expensive. We need to save up for wedding and all. The fact that he did so, I'm truly and deeply touched. Thank you for the gift. It was meant as an advance three-year Anniversary gift actually. Advance because I'm in need of a medium sized bag as my DKNY wasn't doing too good. I had to have other alternative prior to that. Thank you dearie. That was so sweet of you and it looks gorgeous. I love it. Muacks.

My colleagues were all guessing who it had been from. I guessed they didn't thought that long and hard because their answers were all one sided and biased. The one person who'd been with me and clearly on my MSN nick was mentioned but not extensively though. Eddie thought what dearie did was sweet. Same sentiments. I transferred all my junk to the new bag and rid of the old in the box that the new bag came in which I will take it back home with me after new year's. Back to work after that. Jia and I waited patiently for the day to end. Hehe.

Jia and I decided to head to CQ for countdown. Orchard was madness with what not stories I've read and heard. We're going to a much atas venue instead. Arrived too early because my friend wasn't there yet. I thought of hanging out and eat but since there's no one, we walked to Central. Central mall.. There's nothing to shop or see. The name said it all. Concept's all wrong and messy.


We strolled back to CQ at nine-ish and it was relatively crowded by then. So we headed to Fashion Bar instead. Lucky, I know someone there or else, it would have been a total waste. Sometimes, the PR skills come in handy at situations such as this. Deb gave us good seats though. Appreciate that very much. We ordered drinks and food. Jia and I were already high even before we did the countdown. It must have been the coke and root beer we had for dinner along with the KFC chicky. We took tons of pictures again. HAHA.

After countdown, we headed to my friend's place, which was directly opposite the latter. It was not as crowded as previously. Gary and Rhoda were beaming when they saw me. These two were probably the best people on Earth. They are so down to Earth and humble in every sense of the word. Rhoda always has the first opportunity to hug me. She always does because she'll go, "Me first, me first!" Sweet. Then, the rest will follow suit. It's always save the best for the last in that place.

Anyhow, we sat down and of course, Jia ordered Churros and the Mixed Berries smoothie. Mixed Berries smoothie has always been my regular drink there and the staff including the boss knew this bit. So even if I said, I don't intend to drink anything, I'll eventually get that drink in the end. We chilled out for some time before I began receiving tons of calls and smses from different people wishing me Happy New Year.

Mind you, that was way past midnight. I guessed the network really got jammed up earlier on and these were an hour late! Darn! It's no wonder I thought to myself on why my phone was so quiet after midnight. And close to 2am, I received a surprised call from someone. It was none other than my dearie who just knocked off from work. How cool was that right! And the best part was, he said he's coming over to hang out, actually more of a supper hang out than the hang out per say. Haha. Getting to the cab stand was enough to cause a headache. Lucky, he saw me first and pulled me towards him or else I swore I could have walked further on to somewhere else!

We walked to Esplanade along with Jia Hui and Hui Ling whom we met at the bus stop. Hui Ling is Jia's friend who was also with us doing the NYE countdown. We decided to take the NR at the Esplanade! We went our separate ways once we arrived at the Esplanade as dearie and I went to McD's for supper.

It was close to 3.30am. We sat down our tired legs and ate, forgetting the time to catch the last NR! I didn't know there was a cut off timing for such things till we had to waiiiiiittttttt for almost half an hour. Pardon me but I think it's stupid to just stopped service at 4am. It's NY and there's definitely going to be crowds everywhere. We saw so many NRs passed by but not ours. Agitated and tired, we walked away from the bus stop to grab a cab. Someone stole our cab along the way. You know what God does to such people. I've seen the instant retribution impact many times before my very eyes. So beware! HE truly loves me!


Arrived home but somehow or rather, I didn't want this to end even though it was 5am. I'm hoping it stayed longer. Just a lil more. I miss him so much and such escapades don't always occur. Hear this darling, this is just the beginning. There's more to come.

With that last statement, let us all look forward to a happy and prosperous 2009. There's a saying which goes by, the last person whom you're with or saw in the previous year would be the person you would treasure till the end of time (and/or end up with). (That's for those who aren't attached!) And that's you, dearie. You're the last person I saw in 2008. I'm so glad. Muacks.

That's about it for now. I'll write again soon. I reckon that'll be tonight. So watch this space. :)

dog chases cat at 11:09 am

the girl

su
twentytwo
mass comm
advert/pr
der :)
doggie^kitty
+tenplustwentyfive+
mail

say somethin'


wish list
heels
▪ bags
▪ be super active again
▪ driving licence
▪ a Munchkin cat
sneakers
play pro netball
▪ buy more dresses

links
archives
credits
layout: queens
photos: tay su su™