<body>


Saturday, April 19, 2008

music: be mine by robyn
mood: just a happy lil kitty of his

Hello everyone! I know.. it's been almost a month since my last entry and my apologies to that. I've been really busy with lots of things. Let's see.. interviews, fooding, work and many more.. the list goes on. Hah! In the previous entry, I said that was chapter one. Now let's begin with chapter two.

Yesterday, I went to P.S after work to meet up with dear and dine at MFM. Ohh.. it was such a long queue but certainly worth the wait. We were given the menu beforehand so that we could decide on what to order and immediately order upon getting ourselves a table. They served us iced tea as well while queueing too. How lovely! Dear and I couldn't decide between Seafood Platter for two or Grilled Seafood Platter for two. Hehe. We finally decided on Seafood Platter for two, mind you there's oysters in it. As ya'll would know by now that I'm not a big fan of oysters, in fact I'm not a fan at all. So there was this scene fifteen years ago that suddenly became fresh in my mind as I decided on that. (Dear didn't know this)

Fifteen years ago, my family and I went to a hotel for our usual family gathering. It was a buffett concept with western and indian cuisine. Granddad's very particular about his food. If it's not indian, he won't eat it at all. He's tongue hasn't gotten used to other food.

Anyways, I decided to stand next to my uncle and when he's at the oysters section. The curious little girl asked: "Uncle, what's that you're putting on your plate?"
Uncle: "They're called oysters and they taste really good!"
Me: "They seem raw. Are we supposed to eat them that way?"
Uncle: "Yes we can but I like it with a bit of lemon." Come let me put one on your plate so you can try it."
Me: nooooo uncle nooooo (as I was about to make my escape, I saw this weird looking oyster sitting comfortably on my tiny white plate)

As I reached my seat at the dining table. My family members said: "Su, are you sure you want to try that?" Grand Chong: "Eee.. I don't think I even dare to touch it." Kala baby said: HAHA.. I hate oysters, you're uncle's out of his mind to take so many of them." Everyone's not an oyster eater and certainly not a fan. Judging from those negative responses, my stomach sank a bit. For a moment, I decided to cast aside those comments and said to myself, 'hey maybe it wasn't that bad as it looks, it could taste just as good as that of a crab'. But the thing that was constantly on my mind was dad and mom didn't teach me to eat raw food before and our food are always cooked! Raw was the main issue here.

There I was, looking towards my uncle. He showed me how to handle the oyster. I had to squeeze the lemon and then slurp it. Yes slurp it. He made it look so cool that I follow suite. The moment the oyster entered my mouth, it just felt weird. I was numb for a few seconds unaware of what to do next. Should I swallow or should I bite into it? Which is which. I tried to swallow but it was too huge for my tiny throat or rather it was too weird for me to even swallow it! I went on to look at my uncle who kept saying: "just swallow it." I couldn't so I puked it back on my plate. It was plain disgusting. Imagine something soft, cold and slimy in your mouth. Everyone laughed because initially they were saying don't eat it because I really don't know how to eat it but my uncle insisted that I SHOULD TRY; "nevermind, let her try". Those were his exact words. I swore it had the weirdest taste as I have never tasted something this weird before.

So that's my oyster episode. Something that I would never eat even it's that dirt cheap at some posh market. However, I ate one oyster yesterday. Dear made me eat it. He said it's not too bad. Thankfully it was fried unlike fifteen years ago. So it tasted like that of the fried oyster from any ordinary chinese stall in a coffeeshop. (Mind you, I seldom ordered this dish. Even if we ordered, we only ate the egg cos my dearie dislikes oysters too. HAH!) I dipped it with lots of chilli so that I wouldn't taste so much of the oyster. Haha. Overall it was a great meal. We were both too full to leave the restaurant after that. Dear, we should try the grilled seafood platter for two next time yeah. I missed my mussels yesterday. Haha. Seriously.

Dear and I discussed about the big C after our sumptious dinner. He told me he's very afraid because from what he has gathered from forums that it's a very painful procedure. He said they used G.A. or partial A. Dear said he strongly preferred G.A if he's still awake, I would probably have to punch him to get him in an unconscious mode. I have a very cute and comical hubby indeed. Muacks.

I think back then, my bro totally felt helpless on the operating table cos there wasn't any G.A or partial A. Haha poor bro. Thank god for modern medicine and technology, that medical centres are using lasers to do the job. I heard from many people that lasers aren't painful at all like for instance, in five days my boss' son can run around. So that explained how less traumatising the experience could be. In a way, it's pretty much alright. Dear, I will accompany you and we'll go through this together. Muacks :)

Decided to drop by the photobooth outside of P.S for my mugshot. It wasn't a fab shot but a resonable one. Well, most of us have never look good on our identification documents. Maybe the importance of such documents altered the cameras used to make us look more serious in a way. Haha.

We took the train home. While waiting for a train, we sat down at one of the steel chairs. Dear frantically searching his bag for something. He took out a binoculars. It's a free gift he received upon buying Discovery. Haha. And that was where my dumb blonde moment came about.

Me: "Dear, what's that?"
Dear: What you think it is.. A bino lah!
Me: Oh yeah.. You think it's real.."
Dear: "A bino does what a bino suppose to do. Starting on your dumb blonde moment again yeah"
Us: Laughing so hard together afterwards.

Seriously, why did I even attempt such a question. Maybe I was too overjoyed by the interview on that day that I'm still in hyper mood. Then again, I'm always in such a mood. Heh! :P Then, he surprised me with a recipe book from Women's Weekly and it's the first issue. Many many more issues to go. Wheee.. Thank you dear!! Muacks. I love it!! :)

Two days ago, I met up with my NAFA friend for lunch. Her name's Yati and she's the one that used me as her model for her end of year project for a module. Haha. I introduced her to Banquet's Sliced Fish Soup Ban Mian. She took the fried fish while I took the sliced fish. WE both agreed that the handmade noodles were fresh and delicious. Not too soft or too hard, it was just right. And for the record, I ate chilli padi. I should buy lottery because I used to hate chilli until I've tasted Bkk's chilli. Since then, I want to eat chilli with every dish. Their chilli sauces/dips were simply incomparable.

We had a nice slow walk to the other shops and I bought myself a nice top. Hehe. She walked me to my building and then she left cos she needed to go back to school. Good luck with all your assisgments yeah! Till we meet again for another round of lunch!

As I'm writing this, I'm multi-tasking between shoes and mobile phones sites. I want or rather need a new phone soon as my contract has ended long ago and also I need a pair of shoes. I think every woman needs a pair of shoes every month. Be it heels, flats or even slippers. The men just don't get it. Right dear?! ;) I'm hinting to you at the same time too dearie! Muacks.

Alright. That's all I can afford to write today. A rather long entry I've got here. Enjoy reading and I'll post up the BKK pictures and entry soon. Laters! :)

dog chases cat at 12:18 pm

the girl

su
twentytwo
mass comm
advert/pr
der :)
doggie^kitty
+tenplustwentyfive+
mail

say somethin'


wish list
heels
▪ bags
▪ be super active again
▪ driving licence
▪ a Munchkin cat
sneakers
play pro netball
▪ buy more dresses

links
archives
credits
layout: queens
photos: tay su su™